Wherever You Go
|...Go with all your heart.
Take a chance.
Do what you want.
Love what you do.
Love the people in your life.
Don't waste time on anything that makes you unhappy.
Live in the moment.
No matter what.
St. John's, Newfoundland
My name is Katherine. I'm a University student at MUN, St. John's campus. My major is French and my minor is Newfoundland Studies. I speak fluent French, and a little German. I have tattoos and bright red hair, and I like to listen to Newfie music and occasionally wear punky clothing. I'm a very positive person. I post things that make me happy, so the best way to get to know who I am is to browse my blog.
Check out my pages, and if any of it interests you, follow me. I blog basically every day, and I'd love to hear from people.
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up."
“women are weaklings!”
i’m strong enough to carry
your corpse to the woods
this haiku is my favorite...
WHEN A BOOK IS JUST SO ELOQUENTLY WRITTEN AND THE CHARACTERS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE AMAZING DEVELOPMENT AND EVERYTHING IS...
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It...”
J.K Rowling said that her inspiration for Hagrid came from when she was 19 in a pub in the west country and this terrifying...